Professional Oriental & Area Rug Cleaning ServiceYou’ve made an investment into your oriental rug, so a professional rug cleaner makes a big difference! Oriental rugs and other fine floor coverings are made to last for generations, so long as they are properly cared for by a trained professional oriental rug cleaner. We have a custom-built full service rug cleaning and drying shop, and we offer a pick-up/delivery service for Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, and throughout the Triad.
Professional Oriental & Area Rug Cleaning Process
- Dry soil removal. We use a specially designed rug cleaning device called a Rug Badger to gently and thoroughly dislodge all dry embedded soil. This is an essential step that many carpet and rug cleaning firms skip.
- Colorfastness testing. We use several liquids of varying pH levels to test the colorfastness of rug dyes. If any dye migration is detected, we can apply dye-locking agents, or move on to dry cleaning.
- Cleaning. Either one of several wet cleaning methods if there is no danger of dye migration, or one of several dry cleaning methods. We also have a custom-built Oriental Rug Stretching Rack that we designed and built to keep rugs in their original shape while being cleaned. This allows us to wet clean the most exotic hand made rugs without the danger of shrinking. We also feature a new patented invention of ours called The Evacuator, which allows for incredibly thorough cleaning!
- Drying. For rugs that are in danger of shrinking, we leave them on the Stretching Rack to dry. For rugs that are in danger of dye migration, we place them on a flat surface and blow clean air over and under them until dry. For all other rugs, we raise them on our Drying Racks which we designed and built. We’re proud to be able to bring this kind of oriental and Persian rug cleaning & maintenance to Greensboro!
Oriental and Persian Rug Cleaning by Zimmerman Carpet & Rug Cleaners – 40 years of experience!
Oriental, Persian & Area Rug Cleaning
Many people in the Triad have found that fine floor coverings make any room stand out. We are trained and certified in all types of oriental persian rug cleaning to keep your rugs looking their best.
Persian, Oriental & Area Rug Maintenance
Is your oriental rug sanitary? The thick pile of fine rugs can become embedded with all kinds of soil which we remove to restore a sanitary state.
Area Rug Cleaning
How to care for and clean your Oriental rug
How you treat your rugs in-between cleanings is so important to maintaining their value and beauty for your enjoyment. Therefore, we put together some rug tips just for you!
- Vacuum your rug regularly but turn off the beater bar to prevent tears or runs in the delicate fibers.
- Don't put plants on Oriental rugs. When you take the rug up later, a circle pops out from the plant because the pad doesn't allow air to circulate. (This can cause mildew and dry rot on your specially-chosen rug!)
- Rotate your rug from time to time to allow for more evenly distributed wear (especially in a high traffic area).
- Block sunlight - over time, sunlight can cause the dye in your rug to fade.
- Spot clean a spill as soon as it happens. Dab the stain with a dry cloth to soak up the spill. Be careful what products you use: soap or bleach and many other common cleaners in your home can damage the rug fibers. Use water to clean the stain and if it doesn't work, contact Zimmerman for a professional and safe removal of the stain.
- Placing a pad under your Oriental rug helps keep the rug in place and can minimize wrinkling.
- We recommend having your Oriental rug washed by our certified methods every 1-3 years to prevent dust and dirt buildup and to restore the rug's natural fibers.
- To avoid mold and mildew, try to hang your rug outside every six months (or if your rug suffers a spill).
- Flip your rug to allow the fringe to straighten out more naturally (don't "comb" the fringe).