You’ve invested in your oriental rug, so a professional oriental rug cleaner makes all the difference! Oriental rugs and other fine floor coverings are made to last for generations, so long as they are properly cared for by a trained professional oriental rug cleaner. At Zimmerman Carpet & Rug Cleaners, we have a custom-built full-service rug cleaning and drying shop, and we offer a pick-up/delivery service for Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, NC, and throughout the rest of the Triad.
Greensboro, NC Professional Oriental & Area Rug Cleaning Process
- Dry soil removal. We use a specially designed oriental rug cleaning device called a Rug Badger to gently and thoroughly dislodge all dry embedded soil in your oriental rug. This is an essential step that many carpet and rug cleaning firms skip.
- Colorfastness testing. We use several liquids of varying pH levels to test the colorfastness of oriental rug dyes, meaning we test if the fabric color fades or bleeds. If any dye migration is detected, we can apply dye-locking agents, or move on to dry cleaning.
- Rug cleaning. If there is no danger of dye migration, we will use one of our several wet cleaning methods along with one of several dry cleaning methods we like to use. We also have a custom-built Oriental Rug Stretching Rack that we designed and built to keep oriental rugs in their original shape while being cleaned. This allows us to wet clean the most exotic handmade oriental rugs without the danger of shrinking. We also feature a new patented invention of ours called The Evacuator, which allows for an incredibly thorough cleaning and odor removal!
- Drying. For oriental rugs that are in danger of shrinking, we leave them on the Stretching Rack to dry. For oriental rugs that are in danger of dye migration, we place them on a flat surface and blow clean air over and under them until dry. For all other oriental rugs, we raise them on our custom-designed Drying Racks. We’re proud to be able to bring this kind of oriental and Persian rug cleaning & maintenance to Greensboro, NC!
Oriental Rug Cleaning by Zimmerman Carpet & Rug Cleaners – 40 years of experience!
Our Secret Oriental Carpet Cleaning Weapon
For decades, we have been working to create a more efficient and effective way of cleaning carpeting and fine rugs. Now, after much research and development, Mike has released a new patented rug-cleaning vacuum table.
Oriental, Persian & Area Rug Cleaning
Many people in Greensboro, NC have found that fine floor coverings make any room stand out. We are trained and certified in all types of oriental and Persian rug cleaning to keep your rugs looking their best.
Persian, Oriental & Area Rug Maintenance
Is your oriental rug sanitary? The thick pile of fine rugs and carpets can become embedded with all kinds of soil which we remove to restore a sanitary state.
Area Rug Cleaning
How to Care For and Deep Clean Your Oriental Rug
How you treat your rugs in between rug cleanings is important to maintaining their value and beauty for your enjoyment. Therefore, as a professional carpet cleaning business, we took the time to put together some oriental rug cleaning tips just for you!
- Vacuum your rug regularly but turn off the beater bar to prevent tears or runs in the delicate fibers.
- Don't put plants on Oriental rugs. When you take the rug up later, a circle pops out from the plant because the pad doesn't allow air to circulate. (This can cause mildew and dry rot on your specially chosen rug)
- Rotate your oriental rug from time to time to allow for more evenly distributed wear (especially in a high-traffic area.)
- Block sunlight - over time, sunlight can cause the dye in your area rug to fade.
- Spot-clean a spill as soon as it happens. Dab the stain with a dry cloth to soak up the spill. Be careful what products you use: soap or bleach and many other common cleaners in your home can damage the rug fibers. Use water to clean the stain and if it doesn't work, contact Zimmerman for professional and safe removal of the stain.
- Placing a pad under your Oriental rug helps keep it in place and can minimize wrinkling. We recommend professional oriental carpet cleaning for your Oriental rug by our certified methods every 1-3 years to prevent dust, dirt, and urine odor buildup, and to restore the rug's natural fibers.
- To avoid mold and mildew, try to hang your oriental rug outside every six months (or if your Persian rug suffers a spill.)
- Flip your rug to allow the fringe to straighten out more naturally (don't "comb" the fringe.)
Why Choose Our Greensboro, NC Oriental Carpet Cleaning Services
At Zimmerman Carpet & Rug Cleaners, our professional cleaning company also offers commercial and residential deep carpet cleaning services. Our green cleaning methods are safe for the environment and those with allergies as we use non-toxic carpet cleaning solutions to eliminate dust mites, debris, and other allergens. Our hot water extraction and steam cleaning techniques are the best in the carpet cleaning business, providing a deep clean that removes even the toughest stains and soils. We use only the safest and most effective rug cleaning solutions, ensuring your Oriental rug is not damaged during the carpet cleaning process.
If you need emergency restoration services, we offer exceptional and swift assistance for restoring your carpets and rugs back to life. Our carpet cleaning technicians will inspect your oriental carpet to determine the best course of action to remove all types of damage, including water damage, pet stains, and urine odors.
If you’re looking for carpet cleaner services in the Greensboro, NC area for your Oriental rug, Zimmerman Carpet & Rug Cleaners is here to help. Our trained staff specializes in cleaning and restoring all types of rugs, including woven, hand-woven, and hand-knotted rugs. We also offer furniture upholstery cleaning, stain removal, and deodorizing services to ensure your rug looks and smells like new. Contact us today to schedule your free estimate, and experience for yourself the best carpet and rug cleaning services available in the Triad area.